Thread: 337 Camera port
View Single Post
Unread 07-02-02, 05:59 PM

GMAs,

This might interest you.

I found out that the guy at Cessna to speak to was Ricardo J Asensio. Listed as their International Field Service Engineer - Propeller Aircraft Product Support. He responded very quickly and very helpfully. (Take a bow Cessna!)

This is what he said :-

==============================================

SUBJECT : 337 Photographic Provisions

Rob,

Depending on the serial number of the aircraft I can offer you the installation blueprint and the original Accessory Kit (AK) part list. The AK is no longer available but you may use the part list as a reference to order the parts needed. Have in consideration that some of the parts may not be available. The cost of the blueprint and the AK is $152USD.

Please let me know the serial number of the aircraft, the shipping address and your credit card information.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Ricardo.

==============================================

Just as an aside, we have installed camera ports in quite a few aeroplanes over the years. Re-directing hydraulic lines or cable runs and skin doublers (and even triplers and quadrafoils) is normal. It is not terribly expensive and if properly done there is no reason to damage the hull. When sealed top and bottom there should be nothing in the appearance or behaviour of the aircraft to even suggest that it is there. Other than the slightly thicker skin of course.

Naturally I am talking about a simple port. If you go to a hatch with retractable doors or a pressure hull with a large optically flat glass plate then it is a whole different ball game. The most time consuming part of the mod. is the design and stress analysis but given the blueprints of a previous installation that is usually unnecessary so I am greatly appreciative of the reply from Cessna.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Rob.