View Single Post
Unread 12-11-04, 01:53 AM

Pat Schmitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you do a form 337 on it, or are you just 'trying it out...'

If you did, is there any way I can get you to send me a copy for my avionics tech?

I spent considerable time looking at it, and similar system while at OSH this year... it was sitting on the table running on battery... when you picked it up and moved it, the AI was incredibly responsive to my every move... It may not be certified, *and we all know why* but it was darn sure a great backup (ahem..) to the certified equipment on board. In the case of this P-210 incident... it would have saved his life for a miniscule $2000

How many people have lost their lives because companies like this cannot/won't certify their products over fears of lawsuits from crash liability concerns??

We can all afford $2000 - but we all probably think twice about $25,000-$30,000 for a certified system.. If you don't think so, take a look at the Garmin 296.... more capable than a lot of indash systems - but portable and uncertified...

The price difference from portable to in-dash is all to cover anticipated liability from future claims.