View Single Post
Unread 05-14-23, 12:41 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
I live on the west coast and fly a T337D. Its a turbo but non pressurized. It has a higher service ceiling than the P models surprisingly. This is the first plane I have owned, and I have had it for 10 years. Its an amazing airplane. I fly across country every few years and it has no problems with the mountains. The onboard oxygen system works, and I use the mountain high aviation portable oxygen systems which gives me many hours of oxygen on a single fill. I bought it in decent shape, and have added a new panel and yearly maintenance, fixing non-critical systems as I go to get everything fixed up. My annuals vary. Last years was over $20K but had to repair a loose turbocharger. Usually they are 10-15K. But you can do a lot of those before coming close to the $400k for a cirrus and you get the second engine, which for me is a game changer. Also gas costs more. I have GAMI injectors and run LOP, but still around 19 GPH. That's the overhead for that second engine. But worth its as I said. I have flown it across the great lakes and the sea of cortez and been a happy camper. You wont regret it if you find a nice one.