View Single Post
Unread 09-07-09, 08:56 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
No, I have not done the right panel yet. The centre stack turned out extremely well, and the left panel looks beautiful. Unfortunately, I had a few problems with it (i) The Aspen could not keep it's heading straight or accurate. My shop talked to Aspen, and they replaced the RSM with a new one that will work better in the high lattitudes. Now the Aspen gives heading within 1 degree of the wet compass and the 530W. (ii) The new panel kept heating up terribly. It would become so hot, that the S-Tec 55 would disconnect during flight. After about an hour's flight, one could not touch the adjustment knob of the altimeter without feeling the burn. I swear, you could bake an egg on that thing, if it wasn't vertical. That got fixed too, and the problem was the heating duct. When they installed all these things for me, somehow the cable to the heating duct got loose, and it wouldn't close properly. (iii) I very recently found out why Auracle has not been answering my emails for the last 6 months - they were selling out to someone else! I am going to get into contact with the new company, and ask them if they would honor my order and also my deposit I paid...