View Single Post
Unread 07-15-20, 08:54 AM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Hi Jim,
I just looked back at your other thread, and one thing I noticed is the measurements you had for calculating the CofG.

When I measured my points, I came up with:
A (front face of Fwd Firewall to main wheel centers) = 87.8 "
B (Nose Wheel center to main wheel center) = 93.7 "
I took a great deal of time doing the measurements using a plumb bob, tape on the floor, large straight edges, etc. Still easy to mess it up though...

The last W&B on my aircraft had the following measurements: A=88.5" B=94"

You indicated in your last post that they had 96" for B. That may be an error (I am only guessing), and a larger number for that measurement will move the C of G forward.

I would hope all of our early model 337's have the same measurements, but it can change a little (1/4" maybe) depending on who measures and how tight the rigging is on the gear.

Let us know how the next weighing goes and what you find out. One last thing is to move the scales around when you weigh it. When I weighed mine, I jacked the aircraft to set it on the scales. Even though they were calibrated scales, I weighed it a second time (jacked it back up and set it down again) after moving the scales to a different position, just to make sure there was no difference in how they read.

Hope this helps.

Jeff