View Single Post
Unread 08-19-03, 02:15 AM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Time...

Skyking,

Your advice seems wise is exactly that of my broker. He also points out that I am new to piloting and adds that if I decide I don't enjoy or can't afford aircraft ownership that the market for a C182 is much more active than for a Skymaster and I could get out of the plane sooner. This seems both rational and correct.

I feel though like the 18 year old living at home with no rent and a union job at a good wage...I've got money to spend! I just sold a vacation home at a good price and have cash not earmarked for any other project just sittin' around burning a hole in my pants. I also have that teenage lust for that specific item I want (e.g. car, girl etc.) and not the one my "parents" (i.e. those wiser pilots I know) want me to get.

I've always wanted a twin. I've learned enough to appreciate the safety advantages of CLT. And the real clincher is the plane is just cool. I look at a Skymaster and know that it is exactly what I want. That's the true teenage lust part.

I should be old enough by now though to take the wise advice and get some LSE and HPSE time before taking the leap. Its going to be difficult not to feel disappointed but I'm sure I'll get over it the first time I turn over the engine on "my" plane. Thanks for the advice.

Hugh