View Single Post
Unread 08-20-03, 01:10 AM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Great web site

I've said it before but this a great site. Every day I have pointless conversations about things that don't get my job done and which piss me off with people who don't know squat but think they do. In my world that is usually insurance companies and hospital administartors. <Occasionally administartive nurses but the bedside nurses are usually pretty cool>

Then I come here and get solid real world advice about something I'm interested in from people who know what the hell they are talking about. Renews my faith in America. What a beautiful country.

Anyway, off my soap box. Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm settling into the idea of a 182 for a while before the Skymaster. I'll be a bit disappointed but it is probably the wiser path. Kevin's point about flying in the pattern 20 knots faster than one is used to is a good one...among the others. I remember trying to explain to a friend who is not a pilot how confusing it was the first time I flew in the pattern and how fast things seemed to come up on you. Got confused on the radio. Fixated on the ASI. Head in the cockpit. And that was in a 172!

As to the insurance, it would be do-able but expensive. The money could be spent on renting a 182 for a while or even buying one to turn over later.

In any event, this flying stuff sure is cool and I guess I should be happy that i have so much to llok forward to instead of being frustrated I can't have it all now.

Hugh