View Single Post
Unread 11-14-17, 08:39 AM

tomcomet is on a distinguished road
Brief Electrical System Malfunction

I had a strange situation on a recent cross country flight. First I noticed the radios “getting stcatchy” and they all lighting flickered a bunch and soon after that all electrical died entirely. I was a little concerned so began an orbit before I progressed any further into controlled airspace.

I checked all breakers - all good. Next I tried AV master Off then ON - nothing. After that I did AV master, BATT and ALT masters all OFF then ON and things slowly came back up. Within a minute or so all was working again and I continued gingerly on my way. It might be my imagination but the ONE instrument that didn’t seem to loose power entirely was my DME. Weird.

John K figures I maybe tripped the alternators and didn’t notice... This could be as I recently mounted my full sized iPad on the yoke and it sort of covers those lights. They are so bright that I definitely notice them when they occasionally flash on the ground but perhaps my position and/or focus is different in flight and I missed them. I hope this is true cause that will be much cheaper than other options...

Thoughts..?