View Single Post
Unread 12-08-17, 03:00 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
I looked at the schematic for this system and it looks to me like both regulators are normally active, with the alternator generating the greater output actually acting as the charging alternator due to the diodes in series with the alternator outputs. At similar output voltages both would be active. This is nice as it would cause no issue with a regulator failure, but would limit you to one alternator in that situation. With the older design one regulator feeds both alternators, so if one regulator fails the regulator switch brings both alternators back on line. The design in the G and H models does make it so that if one of the alternators is spiking it will take down the system, and the regulators will still have the path resistance sensitivity, with the alternator field switch as a possible source of higher path resistance similar to the regulator switch in the older system. If you continue to have problems I would say a look at all the connections along the field circuit path starting at the buss bar is worthwhile to see if you have a source of high resistance.