View Single Post
Unread 06-20-02, 03:41 PM

Eustacio-Chachi is an unknown quantity at this point
George, thanks for your reply but you got me thinking when you posted "ahhh... what about the props??? " I have been making plans for a trip to Aruba and the island of Margarita in Venezuela and since my engines have 16 years since they were overhauled I started asking questions. Mine is a 74 G and normall aspiration engines with about 1050 hours on both, oil comsumption is around 1 quart for every 8 hours on both engines and there has been no variation in the oil pressure and oil temperature in many many years. I fly the aircraft at least one hour a week because of the high humidity in my country, would that be enough for a healthy engine? I have been told that oil temperature under normal operations should be no less than 180 degrees to get rid of the humidity, my engines under normal conditions have an indication of around 140 degrees and yes every 5 years I change all hoses and flexibles on all of the aircraft. Please take into consideration that my knowledge about mechanics is nil, thanks again