View Single Post
Unread 06-22-05, 12:45 AM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
WX System

I finally got mine working - mostly. It takes a little time to figure out how ti start up the bluetooth devices.

I had a tough time loading the software to my desktop computer. The instructions stink and it is impossible to get one on one help from controlvision. I only tried phone and just got tired of waiting (on hold).

I was nearly ready to send it back and finally found the problem by querying google. Google finds nearly everything. My problem (with the computer loads) was that the Eastern Database doesn't load. I found out that Controlvision hasn't released one yet. When I selected the Western Database, I finally got the system to load and find a database. Unfortunately the software allowed you to continue loading if you selected eastern and didn't indicate an error until you tried to start the application. I still have not figured out how the get TAFs on the desktop. I'm getting METARs just fine and getting both to the PDA. Oh well...

Anyway, I have been playing with it here at home and have gotten pretty comfortable with operating it. Most of my learning has been by trial and error, but I'm getting there. At this point, I think I would recommend it even with the hassle of getting to know it.