View Single Post
Unread 07-02-05, 11:37 AM

Kimber is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking WHOOOIE!

Rick,

I don't know what happened...it must have been one of the software changes we made on Thursday, but yesterday (Friday) while we were halfway across Kansas on the way to Steamboat Springs I fired up the system and, Voile! It worked.

I was originally going to divert several hundred miles south to do an "end run" on a line of thunderstorms, even though ATC had told me there were some holes, because I couldn't rely on my Stormscope to tell me what was behind the strikes. (I don't like flying into box canyons!)

But, because I now had radar and precip right in front of me, I was able to cut right through the line with nary a bump.

Now I see why you like this system!

I just hope this wasn't a teaser, and when I fly back, it will all have been a dream.

I think I'm still going to fly down to ContolVision, though. Maybe they have some little tricks they use that make it even more useful.

Kimber

Oh BTW Larry, I'm running mine on the IPAQ from ControlVision. I agree with Rick in that the Raven would be more useful with the plates. (I hope Santa is listening!)