View Single Post
Unread 08-24-11, 09:23 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Hi Herb,

I have made this comment before somewhere in an earlier post. When I first purchased my G model, I had the boom bounce on a fairly regular basis. Getting the cable tensions to spec seems to have solved the problem for me. Have never had it again. (Tomorrow, I'll have it, thanks! ;o) )

Anyway, I would tend to agree with last post as well. I would think that anything that can allow elevator movement beyond what is commanded by the pilot, would cause the issue. I did have my trim tab hardware replaced last annual because it seemed to me it had excessive play. I was not experiencing any problem but my IA agreed the play was too much. I cannot recall at the moment what was all replaced but my records would tell the story.

Anyway, I would agree that anything that keeps flight controls in spec would go a long way to getting factory intended flying qualities. It would seem to me that flight controls out of spec in any manner could cause the aerodynamic gremlins such as the boom bounce many of us have experienced.

Ed