Thread: Insurance costs
View Single Post
Unread 02-20-07, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if this was for Fred alone, or if you want other inputs, but here goes my views.

Much of what you describe does not, by itself, lead me to worry. An owner who has not spent a lot on cosmetics (paint, interior) may have spent it on taking real good care of the rest. And the modern avionics may attest to that. Also, a one-year-old database card is not, to me, much of a sign. My experience is that a lot of pilots who do limited IFR flying or who fly the same route on most trips, might update the database every 2 or 3 years. Also, if it's got the Cessna/ARC autopilots, anomalies like the ones you describe are common and often easy to remedy.

I would read a lot of what's in this Message Board, using the "Search" feature to look for specific topics. I would get a 337-savvy A&P (Fred is a good one) to do a thorough pre-purchase inspection of both the aircraft and its records. I would then base my decision on the total package, with emphasis, of course, on such things as engines, propellers and landing gear.

Ernie