Thread: Operating Costs
View Single Post
Unread 06-11-09, 10:42 AM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Norris,

The last formula posted buy "Tropical" sounds reasonable to me. I fly 100-110 hours per year and in 2007 my cash spent was a little over $25,000. In 2008 I spent, $35,000 for that 100 hours. As "Tropical" mentioned, there are variables so no two planes will be alike. My numbers also do NOT include money set aside for engine/prop overhauls. If I still own the plane when that time comes, then that money will come from my "wallet." My numbers only include fuel, hanger, insurance, and maintenance. There is no monthly payment on my airplane as it has already been paid off. Hopefully this helps. My hope is that you go into this with your "eyes wide open" because it makes me sad to see airplanes abandoned in the weeds because owners got in over their heads. The Skymaster is a wonderful machine and a real pleasure to fly but like all airplanes, it does require its share of maintenance. A wise friend of mine years ago had a great saying. "There is only one certainty in life besides death, and that is, if it is a machine, it will break!"

Good Luck!

Ed