View Single Post
Unread 09-10-21, 09:34 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
Fly to NH next weekend?

Looks like it's going to be a small gathering of 4 couples. Thought I'd share this planning email if anyone else wants to make a spontaneous decision to come next week:

Dina and I are both so excited to be hosting this little 337 fly-in next weekend. Unless unexpected folk show up (I will make one more blast on the 337 forum) we are looking at four couples coming into KLCI, Laconia NH three birds. The two of the couples are coming together in one plane from KVKX in MD to KLCI and they will be staying at our place on the lake in Moultonboro NH. Joel and Lisa will be flying all the way in from Oklahoma City, staying at a hotel in Laconia (Laconia and Moultonboro are about 30min drive apart) and have their own rental car. Speaking of cars, I have two: a jeep that holds 5 and a little ranger pickup that holds two or squeezes 3.

I thought I'd share some thoughts about what you might expect we will do:

-Friday September 17 everybody arrives at KLCI and gets settled. Beginning say 4pm we are hosting a BBQ by the lake at our place.

-Saturday morning after a simple early breakfast we can divide into two groups:
*those who want to ramble among the shops and cafes of the charming towns that dot the lake's region (notably Sandwich with its galleries and cafes and Wolfsboro which claims to be the first resort town in America). This group will be led by my wife Dina.
*The second group of those wanting a bit of exercise will have a morning hike along the trials of Castle in the Clouds (https://www.castleintheclouds.org/), led by me.

-Saturday Lunch the two groups rejoin in Wolfsboro for lunch in one of the fine eateries there.

-Saturday afternoon we idle and chill out. Maybe nap!

-Saturday evening is the big event: our dinner cruise on the Mount Washington. This is a quintessential NH experience that I am ashamed to say I, a native NH boy, haven't ever done myself. We will correct this ommission!

-If we have the energy, Weirs beach offers a tacky but sweet beachside arcade. My parents dated playing skeeball here, so I owe the place something.

-Sunday morning we are planning to host a final brunch before folks think about flying home.

We have multiple additional ideas that might fit in depending on interest and time:
-I'd love to get folkout on The Winni in my 17' Boston Whaler.
-The Loon Center is here in Moultonboro. It's a tiny nature center devoted to these fascinating creatures which you are sure to see/hear here.
-We could rent/play "On Golden Pond", that classic film about this region.
-We have an indoor fireplace and and outdoor fire ring

Oh, here is our place on the lake, where I'm writing from at this moment and where you'll be coming:

https://www.redfin.com/NH/Moultonbor.../home/88241595

In short, it's going to be a great weekend. As in flying, the weather will drive a lot of it, but I'm sure we will have a great time.

Tim and Dina
Norm Asp 337G N122WB