View Single Post
Unread 10-03-03, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
HHarney:

Had a great time in Garden Valley. Was there a week, flew over the Salmon river, the works.

Incidentally, for those of you who like this sort of adventure, did I tell you that my wife (who I had easily fooled into thinking I was flying commercial, cause who's nuts enough to fly across the whole country in a 337) found out about my ruse while I was there? Needless to say I was taken directly to the woodshed upon my return.

Only one person, who had been sworn to secrecy, knew about my trip. So what happened? Turns out that person was my CFI, with whom I had consulted during the 3 months that I prepared for mountain flying (along with web pages, books, videos, etc). When I left I hadn't talked to him in about a month. So he calls my house while I'm gone on another subject (I designed and maintained his CFI web page), my wife tells him I've gone to Idaho, and he, forgetting the secret, says to her "don't worry, he's a good pilot, has the techniques for mountain flying down pat...". All hell broke loose. Oh, well.

Ernie