Thread: IFR Ticket
View Single Post
Unread 12-09-04, 12:30 AM

Pat Schmitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting ..... There are SO many interpretations on this requirement - that I find myself very confused about what is really required for ME Instrument in the 337... As you read this, keep in mind, that I am a conventional multi licensed pilot, (no CLT limitation) but don't care, nor have any desire to fly a conventional twin in instrument conditions - only my 337... Since I fly a 337 exclusively - I think it would be way to risky to try to keep proficient in a conventional --- It's not worth the risk to me...

Since I am a ME Rated pilot, without an instrument ticket... Then can I take my instrument training in my 337 from a CFI who does not have the Multi Engine Instument Rating? (IE: Single Engine Instrument Instructor only)

I am having trouble finding an instructor with MEI... Maybe I don't need one??

It would seem reasonable that if a SE Instrument Pilot that can get an ME rating in 337, and instantly use his SEI instrument ticket in the 337, then.....

I should be able to get my instrument ticket in a 337 from a single engine instrument rated instructor?? If this is NOT the case, then would it be better to go take my instument in a 182/172 - then just use it in my 337??

What are your thoughts on this SkyKing?