View Single Post
Unread 11-04-03, 09:46 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Gear Doors Not Closing

Keven,
Mark is on the right track. I had the same thing happen to me last year. I was two weeks past my last annual when the gear went down and the doors stayed open on my 337H. I did basicly the same thing. When doors did not close after gear went down. I pulled LG breaker and tryied the hand pump. I tried putting gear back up and down 3 times with same thing happening. For that the mechanic gave me hell, when I told him later. He said if the gear looks down and you tried the hand pump , leave it down. His theory is. If you have a broken hydraulic line that may be your last chance to get it down. I called the mechanic on the ground to check my gear on a low fly by to verify the gear looked locked down. He said it looked fine. So I landed. Just before the gear touched, I pushed the breaker back in so I had pressure on the system. When the gear touched the runway the doors closed.
We put it up on jacks and cycled it 10 times, the gear worked fine.
Two days later the same thing happened. This time I was back home where my regular A&P put it up on jacks. We found it this time. On the main gear leg there is a "U" shapped stricker plate epoxied to gear leg, that closes the limit switch. It was loose on gear. We removed, cleaned and re-epoxied it to gear leg. That ended that problem.