View Single Post
Unread 12-14-15, 07:31 PM

chrisskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Flap Intermittent Problem - Resolved

So you guys were right. It was the flap Control-Push-Pull Cable. After troubleshooting I found that the cable was frozen. After taking down the headliner it was obvious what the problem was. With the cable being frozen, the flap motor/actuator over time pulled the inner stainless spiral cable wrap away from the black outer coating and threw everything out of wack. I was able to pressure lube the cable and got everything working again....however, although the flaps are working as they should, the indicator at the flap lever is not traveling the full distance up and down....that said, I purchase a new cable from Don Nieser (405-503-4686 or
nieser.02.337parts@juno.com) and expect to have the cable in the next few days.

Thank you to everyone who helped resolve this problem. I hope this thread helps others down the road.

P.S. if you have a service manual and parts manual I suggest that you research how the flap lever interacts with the flap motor. It is rather ingenious. I bet most out there think the flap lever is a simple device that turns comes in contact with micro switches....you'll be amazed to learn the the flap lever moves a cam that does come in contact with an up or down micro switch...but, what makes it ingenious is that as the flaps move, the flap lever control push-pull cable actually rocks the flap lever mechanism thereby moving the location of the up/down micro switch. This interconnection between the flap motor/actuator and the flap lever makes it possible to have some what of an infinite number of flap settings between the upper and lower limits......

Cheers.
Chris