View Single Post
Unread 05-13-19, 09:47 AM

JAG is on a distinguished road
New CB Panel

Dr. Dave,
My apologies for the delayed reply, but thank you so much for the info and direction. I ordered the CB's and copper (from Quick Ship Metals) you referred to, and assembled my CB panel over the weekend. It took some time to get the layout right, as I not only wanted to use the original face plate, but wanted to have the circuits laid out in a logical fashion. I have an expanded avionics ("electronics" in Cessna Language) bus given the new avionics I am installing in the aircraft. I have had a custom vinyl overlay being printed in the original Cessna font, and so the panel will look very original.

I am now in the process of wiring up the new CB Panel, and it is taking a little bit of time since all the terminal ends need to be upsized for the #8 screws. My 1966 model has 30A alternators, but I have replaced the wiring from the alternators with 10 AWG (original was 12 AWG) and all new wiring and terminal ends for the entire GEN control system. I have replaced and moved the shunts for the two alternators, installing Hall effect sensors with a new gauge from Aerospace Logic , VA202K. They were able to reprogram the gauge to read "Front" and "Rear" from the typical "Left" and "right" in most twin gauges.

What seemed like a herculean task, is not too bad once you dive into it. Thanks for the encouragement. Not only has this allowed me to go through and inspect every aspect of the electrical system, but I now know it so well. I even dream (more like night terrors) of electrical schematics and wire numbers. I have put my Dymo label maker through its paces creating new heat shrink wire labels for all the new wire runs.

Thanks again,
Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New CB Panel.jpg (109.9 KB, 638 views)
File Type: jpg Old CB mess.jpg (117.4 KB, 627 views)