Thread: GAMI Injectors
View Single Post
Unread 05-30-21, 11:39 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a good plug for GAMI’s.

However:
You had both your fuel pumps overhauled and rear throttle rebuilt. If rear needed overhaul, your front throttle might too. It controls the flow and my interpretation of fussy means your constantly having to adjust it. That could indicate irregularities in flow. Take a close look. Realize it doesn’t have to leak outside, can leak into throttle throat too. Or internals might just be worn.

Also, you had two rebuilt pumps. I likewise just went through that. Coming from a good shop, they’re bench tested and adjusted. We hope for “plug and play”. But continental has a document outlining fuel pump adjustment. My pumps came with tags reminding to adjust my pumps to my specific engine. Idle, idle mixture, idle pressure and full power pressure to be adjusted. One pump was pretty close, but the other was fair amount off on full power pressure setting (yes at takeoff power 2700 rpm on the ground with pressure gauges hooked up). After all those adjustments dialed in, I could tell even more of a difference.

Just some things to check out.