View Single Post
Unread 10-03-11, 08:42 AM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
There is certainly nothing wrong with having any given "fear", and I am sure we all have different ones. There is some talk on this board about the "fear" of engine fire, prompting a search for a system to alert operators if it happens in the rear engine, etc..

The only thing that I might point out is that the "fear" about a gear up landing is really kind of an issue that cuts both ways. In other words, in some instances you may very well want the gear up, if you need to make an unscheduled landing depending on the terrain. Over water or particularly roung terrain, you are typically better off leaving the gear up.

There are a few different devices on the market that will better alert you through your headset or speaker if your gear is not down when close to landing. Spend a little money on that type of backup system, and then you will have the best of "both worlds".

And lastly keep in mind that if you land gear up, so what. I saw a skymaster that had just done it, and all it needed for repair was a little skin work.

Good Luck/Roger