Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Second C337 Down Due To Wing Failure

Copy of email message sent today :

----- Original Message -----
To: Dennis Hamblin ; jose.obregon@ntsb.gov ; william.o.herderich@faa.gov
Cc: Alfonso Diaz del Castillo
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 9:51 AM
Subject: SECOND C337 DOWN DUE TO WING FAILURE

Hello Dennis and (Jose and William), it has been sometime since our last communication. I hope you all are doing well.

Dennis, thank you for posting in the Cessna Pilot Association’s (CPA) web board, your article of the additional and pending Airworthiness Directive (AD) for the Cessna Skymasters. Please email me the complete list of all the Skymaster forums that are out there, as it will be very helpful. I am a member of CPA, but it is not a Skymaster forum per se.

In your article posted in CPA you mention that the recent C337 incident in Avon Park, Florida, does not have wing tip extensions. Have you check with the NTSB or the FAA to verify that it positively did not have now or before Aviation Enterprises winglets? I believe the winglets could provide for bending, pulling and pushing effects on the wing, and could have had some effect in both incidents, in addition to the fuel wing tip extensions.

Thank you for your input and best regards,

Alfonso Diaz del Castillo - (C336 - N695AD)

Phones: Cell 202-309-3969 - Office 571-227-2208 - Home 301-934-9100 - Fax 301-934-2111

----- Original Message -----
To: jose.obregon@ntsb.gov ; william.o.herderich@faa.gov
Cc: Fiestair@erols.com
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 8:09 AM
Subject: THREE PICTURES OF A SKYMASTER WINGLET

Good morning William and Jose.

Enclosed are three pictures of a winglet on a Skymaster C337 that I took on Oshkosh last year (I believe it is an Aviation Enterprises winglet). It may be helpful to you in visualizing how big it really is and how it may have affected the flexing of the wing on the accident C337 aircraft under your investigation, especially if it is not perfectly aligned with the centerline of the aircraft. I hope these pictures are helpful to you.

Best regards,

Alfonso Diaz del Castillo - N695AD

Phones: Cell 202-309-3969 - Office 571-227-2208 - Home 301-934-9100 Fax 301-934-2111