View Single Post
Unread 04-26-07, 10:53 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Very good advice, all of you. Thanks.

I too believe that - on paper, at least - my fuel gauges are illegal. They need to be serviced or replaced, but more so, I believe that I might need new senders from the tanks too. They need to be much more accurate, especially towards the "empty" side of affairs. Any advice on good senders?

I too have now adopted the habit of filling up the tanks whenever I have done 3-4 hours of flying - it brings the anxiety levels down a bit. I fly EXACTLY by the POH numbers on cruise performance, because right now that is my best indicator of in-flight fuel consumption. It checks out pretty similar with calculations later at the pump.

But I was also wondering about a fuel flow/totalizer. Right or wrong, I am a J P Instruments fan, and was wondering about which of the following products to go for: Fuel Scan 450 vs EDM-760. Both will give me pretty much the same answers I want regarding fuel, but then, do I really need the rest of the 760? I already have a digital EGT gauge for each engine.

OTOH, the 760 would make leaning a lot easier and accurate, which might pay for itself in the long run in cheaper maintenance issues...Should I just dump the current EGT gauge, and in it's place install the EDM-760 instead?

Last edited by gkey : 04-26-07 at 10:56 PM.