View Single Post
Unread 04-27-07, 06:10 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
My two cents worth.

I installed a 760 with fuel flow shortly after I bought the plane.

With the exception of a couple of problems I have had with the fuel flow side of things, the 760 is great and I would not fly without it. Leaning is a snap and it is always great to know what is happening in each engine in detail. The logging is also great as well.

The only short coming on the 760 is that I was hoping to be able to alarm the OAT and use it as an ice alert. The second suggestion would be to get the bayonet piggyback adapters and use those in place of the gasket CHT probes with the existing CHT equipppment. You then will not see the higher temps & alarms from the gasket probes as they run up to 80 +/-degrees hotter than the others.

On fuel and gauges, mine have gone from being pretty accurate to not so. I top the tanks on a regular basis - every second flight or so. OK, I end up tankering fuel, but I won't run out at the wrong time. I have added debugging the fuel display to the list of projects.

I figure the next step is Gami Injectors and LOP ops to save another couple of gals per hour. I don't mean to reopen the LOP debate, but I am currently paying over $10 US a gallon for 100LL here in the UK so even a couple of gallons an hour saving is worthwhile.

That is on top of landing fees & manditory handling fees that make the $100 hamburger more like $300 to $400 and that only on a good day.

Summary of the above is to fight the FAA user fees as it is killing GA here in the UK.

Regards - Dave