View Single Post
Unread 05-03-07, 12:02 AM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
In my still-not-ending quest to find the most accurate and reliable way of knowing at most times what my fuel quantities are, I found this site http://xerionavionix.com/auracle2.html that was quite interesting.

Maybe I'm naive, but am I to believe that this unit can replace almost everything in my right panel? I mean, REPLACE? Outta here? If that is true (and I sure hope so), not only will it bring the right panel into the new century, but also free up the rest of the panel for - oh, I dunno - a FLIR and radar, perhaps?

Furthermore, the same manufacturer advertizes a solution for multiple fuel tanks, such as in our 337's. I was drawn to that idea like a moth to fire. This way, I can monitor every induvidual tank (read: OCD kicking in...)

I did notice that they have an AuRACLE II TWIN as well, but could not find more information on it. Apparently these units are TSO'd, but I am wondering about STC's as well. My estimate is that the AuRACLE II TWIN might cost about $9,000, but look at what it can do!