View Single Post
Unread 07-12-05, 07:22 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Walter, can you please provide the results of your tests. I occasionally see the fuel flow needles flicker and have long suspected heat somewhere being the problem. That is even with insulated hoses and pretty good baffles, but does go away with AUX pumps on low.

Comment: I think we all know that although Cessna had a great engineering department, they could only test over a realitively narrow range of curcumstances. Our real life experiences are always going to be a bit different.

Further comment on certain suggestions that continuous review and design refinement is not necessary because the original design is fine:

If review did not take place we would still be flying biplanes and computers would never have been invented. Nor would you ever hear about the massive recalls by various car manufactures, nor the positive safety related changes they bring. Nor would the FAA issue AD's or manufactures SB's.

I would suspect we would not have the standard of living we have today if it were not for people continuously challenging the status quo and working hard to make things better.

My two cents worth.