View Single Post
Unread 11-10-10, 09:07 PM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
The panel looks awesome. I have been thinking about doing something like that to mine, although it has really up to date steam gauges, HSI, 530, etc so it is a bit hard to justify. Keep us informed on how she operates.

Meanwhile I see your Avatar and wonder if you are familiar with :

http://www.janchurchill.com/hit_my_smoke.htm

This and other books were written by this great lady: Jan Churchill, who I met because she put her beloved O-2 (337H) up for sale as she was no longer flying it. She bought it new from Cessna and had it painted in military livery to tour the US airshows, which she did for 25 years and 1500 hours TTL. I snapped it up immediately 5 years ago for the asking price, and it is what I now fly.

There is a long history with my/her plane full of famous people who flew in it. For example there is a little plaque on the panel that says "flown by Gabby Gibresky". But Jan told me that while she would let people like Gabby fly it "in flight" she never let anyone but herself take off and land.

So essentially I have the only o2/337 on the planet that was only flown by a little old lady on the weekends And to this date I am the only other person to ever fly it.