View Single Post
Unread 10-29-04, 08:03 PM

Pat Schmitz is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased my Skymaster in February of this year, and also obtained my Multi at the same time. At that time, I was told by my FAA Examiner that I had the option to get the multi in a 337 (CLT) aircraft, but my Multi would be restricted to CLT only. Obviously, under that scenario - all logged time in your CLT 337 is logged as multi-clt (limited).

However, if you obtain your multi in a conventional, you can log your time in a clt as plain old multi....thus no restriction on CLT only.

Where this is of value to you....Down the road, if you upgrade to something conventional (if that can be considered an upgrade from a pressurized, turbocharged, 337!!) your insurance will count all your multi time towards the new aircraft. If you are CLT restricted, it will 'NOT' count towards your insurance rating in a conventional multi.... While I LOVE MY 337.... It's just a matter of economics that you should seriously consider getting your multi in a conventional plane...

Bottom line - spend the extra $3,000 - $4,000

In the end, you will have an unrestricted multi, and the pride of knowing you can fly both if you should choose to 'step down' from the 337!!

As to the regulatory FAA issue you mentioned - I would suggest getting a second opinion - unless my examiner was wrong.... I think you 'can' do a 337 only... but why beat up your engines... rent someone else's for that, save your engines, and get an unrestricted multi!!

Good Luck!