View Single Post
Unread 02-03-05, 11:55 AM

Owen_FSD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Owen_FSD
Quote:
Originally posted by KyleTownsend
That is certainly a nice looking visual model. I can't wait to try it out!

I have the CH throttle quadrant, and it works great. I highly recommend it.

I did my own P337 for FS2004. I took the visual model from an existing C337 aircraft, tweaked the flight dynamics, and wrote a new panel and gauges to match my own aircraft.

I was shooting for a practical training device to practice IFR and emergency procedures. So I tried to strike a balance between appearance and functionality. For example, my panel extends only from just left of the airspeed indicator to just right of the MP gauge. At 1280x1024, this allows all of the key flight instruments, and the radio stack, to be easily readable. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to squeeze the "engine cluster" instruments in. I am thinking of putting them on a pop-up sub-panel, but haven't done so yet.

Good luck with your project!
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the kind words about our versions of the skymaster! It has always been an aircraft that I've found to be neglected by high quality designers of add-on aircraft for MS FS, so I spearheaded this project and the rest of the team is really glad I did. It's a really unique airframe that has a very distinctive look!

I'll post a few shots of what the interior is shaping up to look like within a few days ... stay posted!!

Regards,

Owen
http://www.fsd-international.com