View Single Post
Unread 07-29-21, 12:52 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I purposely used the phrase "interesting geometry spring lock mechanism" as to try and manually operate it, it is not completely straightforward. But it is stout. The locking part is easy enough. The cylinder pulls the top of the trunnion forward. Spring loaded hooks on the end of the rod that ride with the trunnion engage horizontal pins on a "fork" which is part of the end of the actuating cylinder. Since the other end of the cylinder is anchored, this rigidly locks the trunnion in place. "Interesting geometry" comes from I could only get it to unlock by either "the jam nut end" pushing on the mechanism from within or by taking the spring lock mechanism apart, unhinging it from the side with bolt removed, spring flying off and everything. Someone knew what they were doing when they designed it.

Forgive me for using doors (pleural). I did have a drooping door (singular) which was weak cylinder. However, there is only one actuating cylinder operating both of the front wheel well doors. So one bad cylinder there could cause both of those doors to droop. As always, investigate thoroughly and properly. These are just personal experiences and not a repair manual. (But I try to be as correct as possible.)

Last edited by wslade2 : 07-29-21 at 01:06 AM.