View Single Post
Unread 01-18-10, 08:44 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
So let me understand the situation here.

Cessna has taken a single SDR for wing attach fittings from a low time 337G in 1976 from a foreign maintenance organisation on a ficticous aircraft N2FOR and on the basis of that figures the entire fleet is at risk?

OK, I suppose I have heard stranger things.

As for the twin boom loads, if you look at the the design, they had that one all figured out. In fact in that time frame they were doing FEM analysis (Finite Element) and should still have the results of that. Is it worthwhile trying to ask some one at Cessna?

As for the SDR, if you can send me the European operator's name and details, maybe I can get a bit more information as I am still here in Europe. The reason for asking is 337's were a pretty small group here in Europe and there may well be some recoverable history.

What were the particular serial numbers of the aircraft involved? If those aircraft are still around, maybe we should have a look at them or pay an engineer to have a look at them. If those aircraft are no longer on the N register, it would be worthwhile finding out where they are now. There may even be historical paperwork which lead to the filing of the SDR.

The other thing to consider is that Cessna kept records by serial number of build history and build issues. If we have the serial number data, there might be information there. I know they did this as the leading edge skins and position of the stall warning system were not in the correct place per the manual due to a factory approved production change for my aircraft only.

I am more than willing to try and locate what I can. Please let me know.

Regards - Dave