View Single Post
Unread 11-22-19, 06:27 AM

frank.oconnor19 is on a distinguished road
Success!

Thanks to a little field engineering, and some luck I now have a working HPLX 200 palm computer, with a working copy of GEMCOM on a compact flash card. I was able to get it formatted so it can be read in both my windows 10 computer and the HPLX for the interface to the GEM1200. Clearly this is not a modern solution, but the data is there and with a little experimenting I found the spot where I can hold the computer to get the interface to work. There is a reason that IRa interfaces did not catch on, they are very temperamental.

In any case I was able to unload data and graph it on my computer. showed some interesting results, confirmed what I suspect is a bad wire or fouled plug in Cyl1 rear engine, I am posting screen shots of CHT, EGT for both front and rear from my last flight, would love some feedback from the group. Thanks in advance.

You will notice a decline in temps and then a rise and decline towards the end of the flight. I executed a go-around as it was a new field, short runway so I did a fly over to check it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Engine EGT.jpg (176.7 KB, 702 views)
File Type: jpg Front Engine EGT.jpg (171.5 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Engine CHT.jpg (163.6 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg Front Engine CHT.jpg (161.9 KB, 741 views)