Thread: Avemco Quote
View Single Post
Unread 09-17-21, 05:14 PM

TomM is on a distinguished road
We had a discussion on insurance when I first joined here about a year and a half ago, with the same issues of people having a hard time getting insurance. I am glad I didnt go through that or I would have given up. I had no problem getting insurance from the first person I talked to.

When I got my 337 spring of 2019 I had 1200 hrs TT ALL of which was in 150's and 172s. I am 54 and do have my instrument rating. I sold my 172 and bought a 337 with zero multi time, zero high performance time and zero retract time. You would think I would be the guy that would never get insurance. But that was not the case. See my COI attached. I had my instructor listed as a named pilot and the insurance company called the shots on the experience requirements. The training time took care of all that. So by the time I passed my check ride, I was able to fly her home.

My insurance cost for the first year was $2500 with a hull coverage of $45,000 (just a knock around plane, nothing fancy).

I did think the rate would go down this year as I flew the plane 120 hours last year, but that was not the case. My renewal costs were the same as the year before.

It is a bummer to hear you are having issues. I would not want to have missed flying these planes, I totally love them!!

Best of luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COI.pdf (550.1 KB, 378 views)