View Single Post
Unread 05-27-04, 01:42 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Hmmm.... I may have misled you. It might have been the Continental coupling that sheared for me. I was not paying close attention, we were on vacation at the time, and the shop doing the work (Yingling in Wichita) was not the type that liked people looking over their shoulder. So I never saw the actual broken parts. But I do know the A&P was worried about whether all the pieces could be accounted for, and he had to go into the oil pan to find them all. But he did, so the verdict for the engine was good. Sorry I don't have more specific information.

But, by the way, Yingling did the work at 9PM on Sunday night, and go a new alternator from Cessna by 9AM Monday morning, and had me on my way by noon, so I was just glad it was fixed. This was on our way to the Cayman Caravan, and it was not going to wait for us if we were late.

I flew that airplane another 150 hours on the new alternator before selling it and buying my P337.

As far as a different coupling goes, I have never found the FAA very supportive of creativity in aircraft repair. I am not sure you could get an alternative coupling approved...

Kevin