View Single Post
Unread 11-22-07, 11:30 PM

David Dixon is an unknown quantity at this point
No you miss my point. I was referring to when a Skymaster goes missing and the search and rescue people ask the media for public help if anyone has seen a twin engine light plane, it could be a bit confusing for non aviation savvy people, as did happen here when this one dissapeared for two days. The authorities spent two days searching false reports well down the expected flight path. As I said, my wife saw it fly over the house she was staying at, moments before it crashed, others saw it too and these were the last positive sightings of it. The authorities concentrated on false reports of it about 50 miles away from the last confirmed sighting. If the media says a twin aircraft is missing, I bet the public would disgard what they believe to be a single. I questioned them about this and they sad "Too much technical information confuses the public" Well why even say it's a twin. Just say a light plane, then all sightings would be reported.
That's my point.

Re the cost of aviation here, you guys seem to be so well off when compared to the UK. Our cost of fuel in Austrlia has skyrocketed since User Fees were introduced, so we are copping it from both ends. Compare your costs of annuals against ours and the UK would give you some idea. It's classified here as a real luxury and many of my fellows are considering opting out. (we arn't getting any younger, like our aircraft).
DD

Last edited by David Dixon : 11-22-07 at 11:34 PM.