View Single Post
Unread 11-01-03, 04:07 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
meeting

The things that must happen to make it work.

1, Someone must take charge and do the leg work. This
person should have help from a committee.

2, Establish a fee for the meeting. (Everyone will not be happy no matter how little or how much the fee is.)

3, Set the location and dates. (Everyone will not be happy no matter what date is picked or location)

The fact is, the person in charge just has to do it without worrying about how to please everone. It just can't be don.

My Two Cents:

Paul already did a lot of leg work for location and possible dates. Let's run with it. I will be willing to again plan the details of the meeting with some help. To be honest, with out a fee so things can be planned the right way, I will not be interested in doing it.

It is a lot of work and commitment. Too many people last year said they were coming and did not. Left those that did shown up in a bit of a bind. With a fee being charged, the planner will know who will really be there and be able to deal with the hotel, plan the dinners etc.

I agee with Larry, If we incorporate, we will have a much better chance of getting good speakers etc.

I also agree, the meeting should be stand alone. That is not at another large event.

My two cents.
Jerry
N34EC