View Single Post
Unread 01-05-24, 10:44 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Well it's better than paying the going rate for these new ... after you've sweat for 3 days wondering if such a unicorn exists. My recent sweat indicated to me that it's just a unicorn.

I have absolutely no basis to verify the suitability of these part numbers, but if you're willing to give it a go as a few others have, the parts they used are:

"MS28775-010, be sure to lube it up alittle before sticking it back in. Then I replaced the larger O-ring that plugs into the landing gear block with MS28775-110"

Lube it up with what, you ask? 5606 maybe ... Maybe, or whatever Rob Air repair does was my my answer, before they bench test it for 3 days, guarantee the result, and invite me to put my family alongside it. For 500 each I went that route.

And if you think that is a devolution, just wait until the next time you shop for a replacement wheel, or better yet, a new brake caliper assembly (and you will). I hate to say it, but we are all flying Model T Fords that need to resemble the original product exactly as it was built. Whether we like it or not, at this point we are all restorationists--either the religious kind, or the ones that bring ancient pyramids back to life. Your choice.

Last edited by YankeeClipper : 01-05-24 at 10:51 PM.