Thread: Hurricane Blog
View Single Post
Unread 10-26-05, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Working by candlelight from my daughter's laptop. Lost power and phones about 6:30 AM Monday, in the midst of raging winds. No significant damage to house (a few roof tiles) but lots of trees down. Everyone safe. Phone service came back this PM, but still no power. Aircraft survived without damage but no electric power at TMB to raise hangar door. So we wait. Water service uninterrupted, which is good, but we used the last of the hot water today, so cold showers starting tomorrow. On the plus side, it's been cool since the hurricane passed (75 high, 55 low) so it's been pleasant without air conditioning.

Everything is closed for lack of power, so we manage with what we have. Thank god for a cheap freezer I have which is not frostfree -- the 2" of ice it had on all the shelves is still keeping things cold. We cook things on the barBque as they thaw inside the freezer.

All in all, not too bad. Oh, and I moved most of the beer into the freezer as soon as we lost power, so the beer is still ice cold!

Thanks for your expressions of concern.

Ernie