View Single Post
Unread 11-20-05, 09:20 PM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Making progress & thank you for helping

Thank you Ernie and Roger for your replies. I have contacted RT Aerospace as suggested by Ernie and we are making progress. I also contacted Cessna and there is also some progress. And thank you Ernie for guiding me to discover the 337SkymasterYahoogroup. However, I have had very much difficulty to access that board in spite that I followed all their instruction, changed passwords several times, but it runs me in circles. Can either of you help me out with it? One reply that was posted in that group gave me the idea that it was unsafe to remove the strap, and mentioned accidents that apparently happened, but when I asked for reference or accident number to look at it, apparently no number was available. So I downloaded the complete NTSB files of all 601 accidents and incidents reports since 1962 to the present "worldwide" on the Skymaster 336s and 337s and it is amazing what I found out so far. I have read about one half, and to my extreme surprise so far the main cause of accidents or incidents has been fuel exhaustion, mismanagement of fuel, and insufficient time on the aircraft. So far there is no one incident regarding the failure of the windshield or the windshield departing the aircraft. I am wondering if it will be a good thing to post on this board the complete "probable cause" of all the 601 cases in the NTSB record. Please let me know your thoughts. As a brand new owner of a Skymaster it really gave me a big lesson on how to handle better this C336. Thanks again for your help. Alfonso.