Thread: Headliner....
View Single Post
Unread 05-01-09, 10:07 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by edasmus View Post
As crazy as it sounds I am thinking about painting it. The condition of it is not too terrible but the color is no good. PlanePlastics sells these "SEM Color Coats" that they claim can be used to change the color and restore, "most vinyl surfaces, flexible and rigid plastics, carpet and velour." I am thinking if it works on "carpet and velour" that maybe it would work on whatever the material is that Cessna glued to these 4 backing boards used in the 73G models and later. Anybody ever tried this or have any thoughts?
Thanks Ed
All the Royalite plastic in my '68 was painted during the recent interior upgrade. It worked very well. Because of the shape that Cessna made the window trim wrapping the plastic in Ultrasuede was going to be a real challenge (some window trim like Beech and Piper are much simpler design) so my interior tech painted it. My plastic was in really good shape and turned out great. I had to buy a new overhead console but all the rest is original.

I think you would be surprise if you had your panels wrapped in Ultrasuede or fabric. Use a certified material or have the material treated and it would provide a nice new finish look. Most all automobiles have this in the headliner of new cars. It is very modern and will or can provide a warmer, quieter environment.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years