Thread: engines
View Single Post
Unread 02-21-04, 03:48 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I bought two reman engines through Airpower a couple of years ago, and was very pleased with the service. I too had a warranty issue with one of the engines, and the folks at Airpower bent over backwards to do everything they could do (unfortunately not much) to help me with Continental.

Continental, on the other hand, was a pain in the butt. I live in Oregon, and the Continental rep (for my area at least) lived in Alaska. Not exactly conveniently located if you ask me. I had trouble reaching him by phone, trouble getting him to deal with my issue when I did finally reach him. In the end, I had to write a letter to the president of Continental, with a copy to the attorney who will handle my estate, getting it on record that if a catastrophic failure occurred with this engine (it had low oil pressure, and the pressure got lower the warmer the engine was) that resulted in injury or death to me and my passengers, that my attorney was instructed to sue for damages. That got me the attention I needed, and Airpower managed getting the replacement engine to me and getting the warranty credit for labor on the R&R.

I would definitely used Airpower again, I was very satisfied with them. Great price too, compared to other alternatives!

Kevin

Last edited by kevin : 02-21-04 at 03:51 PM.