View Single Post
Unread 07-25-07, 10:43 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Here is the original message.

CESSNA O-2A SUPER SKYMASTER

NMUSAF Solicitation 07-001

Closing Date: 6 Aug 07

The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (NMUSAF) has seven Cessna O-2A aircraft available for exchange. All aircraft are currently located at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ and may be viewed by appointment only from 23 Jul thru 3 Aug 07. USAF maintenance records for six of the aircraft will also be available for inspection. One aircraft does not have maintenance records and can only be utilized for static display. Contact either Barbara Young at Barbara.Young@wpafb.af.mil phone (937) 255-5174 ext 375 or Mark Miller at Mark.Miller@wpafb.af.mil phone (937) 255-5174 ext 340 for additional information or to schedule an inspection date. The NMUSAF reserves the right to reject any and all proposals received. All proposals must be received in a sealed envelope no later than 1600 (4:00 PM EDT) on 6 Aug 07. The solicitation number and closing date must be on the outside of the envelope. Proposals received after 1600 on 6 Aug 07 will not be considered.

There are 7 files attached

There is also a spreadsheet.
The museum does in fact own the aircraft, and is trading them for something they want. Cash is one of those things they may want.

FYI, someone I know is going to Davis-Monthan to examine them.
This is a legitimate offer to purchase 7 0-2's. Note, however, that is for all 7, not just 1 or 2, and you must remove them from Davis-Monthan all at once, and at least 1 of them is for static display only, and (seems like a lot of ands), only 2 of them have any propellors, and at least 1 is missing landing gear, including the nose gear.

A further note
O-2A 67-21395 is for static display only, no bill of sale will be issued. The reason that we cannot issue a Bill of Sale is that we do not have maintenance records for the aircraft. The aircraft has been used as a static display/ground trainer previously at two different locations. The O-2 Hours spreadsheet has been updated

Much as I would like to own your bridge, and much as I would like to own an 0-2, I can't handle 7 of them.