Thread: Dick Whitaker
View Single Post
Unread 05-11-04, 02:24 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Bob,

I have two ideas.

First, I don't think scanning them into a computer would be worthwhile. Each page would be a fairly big file, and would not be searchable or indexable. It would also be a pain to page through.

I think the best ideas are either to have someone type the text into text files (and scan the pictures, drawings, etc., although there were not very many of those). This would be the best path, because we could put them on the site, and they could be searched, etc. But I don't have anyone to offer to do the typing. Maybe someone on the site has an idea on who could do this.

The alternative is if you could send me one really good copy, or let me borrow your original (copies), I could get them duplicated, and make them available for copying and postage charges only. This would get the information out to folks, even if it was not indexed.

They made interesting reading for a Skymaster owner, as I recall.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Any other suggestions from folks out there. BTW, they were mostly typed in an italic typeface as I recall, so trying to use OCR to get the data scanned would not be likely to work.

Kevin