Thread: Dick Whitaker
View Single Post
Unread 05-11-04, 01:29 PM

docbob is an unknown quantity at this point
A quick look at the stack tells me that about 30% is in italics. But in many cases italics and plain are present in the same issue. Seems that this would make it difficult. Another fact that argues for typing and against OCR is that in some of them the quality is not good. Typing would "fix" this. But typing is time consuming. The stack is 1.25" high of legal size paper (8.5by14) printed on both sides.
If we split them up among several volunteers for entering into the right format such as Word they could then be sent to Kevin as e-mail attachments. I would guess that they all would have to be in the same format-but I'll leave that up to the experts. There are some reproductions of letters to and from various peoiple such as Cessna engineers but very few photo's. Maybe some of the authenticity would be lost but we could at least preserve them.
If we could get a few volunteers, I'll be willing to make copies and distribute them as appropriate. I could do this in small increments-not all at once! This project could take a while but would probably be worth it.
Bob