View Single Post
Unread 01-20-19, 10:21 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
When replaced, my original windscreen was the original, 1968 installed at Cessna. When I replaced mine I purchased from Great Lakes Aero Products and it was the same thickness as original. That was the only option, no option for thickness as I have never seen an STC for thicker windscreen. Saying that I would not be surprised if the 336 had a thinner windscreen and when Cessna designed the 337 they settled on what we have today. Mine is a "C" model so I could be referring to only up to a certain serial number. On GLAP website it lumps serial number 2 - 1426 as all the same replacements. I kept my center strap because I was told it was there to hold the top of the windscreen because if enough stress is on the fuselage it could pop out. After struggling for hours, days trimming and fitting the new windscreen I found that there is really not a whole lot holding that windscreen in place at the top. Of course today's Pro-Seal is probably stronger than the old sealant that Cessna used I still kept the center strap. Besides I like my compass suspended. I have seen several center strap deletions and they do look nice.

Please do not use Silicon Sealant on your windows. Pro-Seal is the only way to go

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years