View Single Post
Unread 08-11-20, 09:30 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
Post +1 MT Props

I like the MT props. But, I am a "concrete" flyer and not a bush pilot--My bird has only touched grass once since I've owned it--everything else has been nice, clean, smooth and long runways.

Consider TBO on the MTV-12D's (2000hr/72 mo, per SB1R5) vs your two-blade.

Mine were installed in 2014, have about 400 hours on them. Mine are "due overhaul" this year, and have an issue with the wrong lag screw installed at manufacture. SB (see prior post) says I must change out offending lag screw at overhaul. MT Props rep highly recommended accomplishing overhaul on time, and taking care of the lag screw issue. I go into annual this winter, so I'll go ahead and get 'em done then.

Got a quote from a "local" MT props shop in Tulsa: approx $8K for both. And, they said they'd come get them and bring them back to me in about 10 days time (I'm a few hours drive from Tulsa). Not too bad, if you compare to Herb's quote in his post from a few years ago.

There seem to be quite a few shops ready to service your MT Props, should you need it.
https://www.mt-propeller.com/en/entw/services_usa.htm

PS: I think you can still get white with red tips like Herb's, or black with white tips like mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MT_Props_Advert.pdf (127.5 KB, 768 views)
File Type: pdf MT_Props_Install_Instructions.pdf (534.6 KB, 801 views)
File Type: pdf MT Props AFM Supp1.pdf (1.04 MB, 818 views)

Last edited by Learjetter : 08-11-20 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added AFM Supp attachment