View Single Post
Unread 03-06-08, 12:33 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Skymaster Fly In and Convention

If you haven’t already registered please start the process so that we can see action from the members. It’s going to be a great event and you won’t want to miss it.

Our Keynote speaker, Thomas Van Hare, will knock your socks off. He has just finished his book about the real story of the “Brothers of Rescue” shot down over Cuban waters in Skymasters. This story that he has will raise the hair on your arms. It’s amazing!

We also have been in touch with the Director of the film “Shootdown”. This is the movie about the “Brothers of Rescue” and we will have the opportunity to have a special pre-release viewing of the film.

It’s all starting to come together, seminars and events like never before. SOAPA 2008, brought to you by your Michigan Flyers.

I really want to encourage folks to just relax about attending this event. For me the long distance to fly out to Las Vegas a few years ago for SOAPA just added stress to the agenda. Weather, fuel cost, etc. So I decided to just book a ticket on Northwest Airlines and forget about it. It made it so easy and I totally enjoyed the event without bringing the plane. This is completely OK. We all know what a Skymaster looks like but we don't know you as well as we could. That's the important part, getting to know each other. Learning together about our mutual interests. So don't be afraid to just book that flight and relax.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Last edited by hharney : 03-06-08 at 12:40 AM.