Thread: Navomatic 400
View Single Post
Unread 04-24-21, 10:07 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Smile Navomatic 400

WSLADE2.
The shop is Mayday autopilot/avionics, Grand Rapids, MI. SHOT means the drive transistors? and both electric motors have to be send out for rebuild at $2500-$2800 each! Also not really related both AI and DG have to be overhauled. The shop was quoting Mid-continent about $5500 for those, although I found a shop, basically across the street from Mid-continent that will overhaul both for about $1200 AQI is the name. I had Mayday send the instruments to AQI. What started this whole ordeal, I had sent Mayday my original 400 and a newer 400(not sure the year-but around a 1967 model) that I bought from a SOAPA member. The tech called me yesterday and told me that the two 400 I sent him are not compatible, hoping he could use parts from both to build-up one. I told him that Autopilot Central had quoted me $1700 each for the servo rebuild, and he's going to call them on Monday? A member just wrote to tell me he removed his 400 and is willing to GIVE me his components, arranging shipping as we speak!!! As for moving on that's your decision, but I'm tell you if your 400 is working, I'D KEEP IT, until the TRU-TRAC generation comes to Skymaster!
Hope this info helps.
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 04-24-21 at 10:11 AM.